Recurring PEAT events
Currently there are no PeatTalk planned. Stay tuned for upcoming PeatTalks once field season is over.
PeatWrites is back for the Fall 2022 session!! New dates and times available!
You have trouble to stop procrastinating??
You should review/write this damn manuscript/thesis/proposal/application?
You are looking for motivation and structure??
Find a supportive and motivating co-working space with peer #PeatECR on every Tuesday and Thursday on Zoom!
- Tuesday 14h-17h CET (8h-11h EST)
- Thursdays 14h-17h CET (8h-11h EST)
We apply the Pomodoro technique and have you take regular breaks and refill your coffee for utmost productivity!
Additional, spontaneous #PeatWrites will be announced on our Twitter profile or the Slack workspace.
Other upcoming events
Wetland COP 14
14th Meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties to the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands (COP14)
Hybrid event at Wuhan (Hubei, China) and Geneva (Switzerland), 5-13 November 2022.
Follow this link to access the Conference Homepage.
Climate COP 27
27th Conference of the Parties of the UNFCCC (COP27) in Sharm El-Sheikh (Egypt), 7-18 November 2022.
Follow this link for more information on the Conference Homepage.
GPI Research Working Group Training Series
Training for researchers by researchers
Free of charge!
- 8 November 2022: Evidence synthesis methods. Learn evidence synthesis methods with highly cited synthesis author Professor Lea Berrang-Ford. Register here.
- 14 November 2022: Communicating complex research simply. Learn how to communicate complex, uncertain and controversial issues with two leading communications experts, Dr Olivia V. Ambrogio and George Hope. Register here.
- 19 January 2023: Fieldwork safety. Learn how intentional discussion and preparation for upcoming fieldwork campaigns, through the development of comprehensive safety plans, can help promote psychological safety as well as physical safety of team members in fieldwork, with trainer Dr Sophia Burke. Register here.
- 13 February 2023: How to do better peer review and deal with negative feedback: perspectives from an editor, a reviewer and an author.
- 27 March 2023: How to develop networks for global impact. Learn how to build the depth and breadth of your professional networks to enhance your research and impact with trainers Professor Mark Reed, Dr Franziska Tanneberger, Professor Maria Strack. Register here.
- 3 April 2023: Facilitating workshops with local communities (featuring case studies from peatland research in the UK, Indonesia and Canada). Learn how to use workshops to engage local communities in research with trainers Professor Mark Reed, Dr Sara Thornton, Kristen Maynor. Register here.
- 9 May 2023: Learning from experience doing peatland research in developing countries.
UN Biodiversity Conference Part 2 in Montreal, Canada
Part 2 of the UN Biodiversity conference in Montreal, Canada on 7-19 December 2022.
For more information on the Convention on Biological Diversity or information about the conference and access to publications, visit the Event Homepage.
American Geophysical Union in Chicago, USA
AGU Fall Meeting on 12-16 December 2022.
ECR interested, follow this link to access the Event Homepage.
19th WA Wetlands Conference in Bibra Lake, Australia
The Wetlands Centre Cockburn present the 19th Annual WA Wetlands Conference in Bibra Lake, Australia, 1-3 February 2023.
For registration and more information on the event, follow this link to the Conference Homepage.
Wetland Science Conference in Stevens Point, USA
The Wisconsin Wetland Association’s presents Wetland Science Conference in Stevens Point, WI, USA, 21-23 February 2023.
For more information on registration and abstract submission, follow this link to the Event Homepage.
UN Water Conference in New York, USA
The 2023 Conference for the Midterm Comprehensive Review of Implementation of the UN Decade for Action on Water and Sanitation in New York, co-hosted by Tajikistan and the Netherlands, 22-24 March 2023.
Follow this link to access the Event Homepage.
Global Conference 2023: Ecological Models for Tomorrow’s Solutions
Organised by Elsevier and the International Society for Ecological Modelling. the 2023 conference on Ecological Modelling takes place at the University of Toronto in Scarborough, Canada, 2-6 May 2023.
For more information on registration and abstract submission, check this link.
Canadian Geophysical Union in Banff, Canada
CGU Annual Meeting in Banff on 7-10 May 2023. For more information check the Event Homepage.
European Geophysical Union in Vienna, Austria
The European Geophysical Union holds its 2023 General Assembly as usual in Vienna, Austria and online, 23-28 April 2023.
For more information on sessions, registration, and abstract submission, check the Event Homepage.
RE3 Conference in Québec, Canada
Conference chaired by the Society of Ecological Restoration (SER) Eastern Chapter and the Canadian Land Reclamation Association (CLRA), 11-15 June 2023.
Ecologist, biologists, restorationists and all other interested, follow this link to get more information on the Conference Homepage.
Eco Summit 2023 in Gold Coast, Australia
The 6th International EcoSummit Congress will take place at The Gold Coast Convention Centre, Gold Coast, Australia, 13-17 June 2023.
For more information on the program, registration, and abstract submission, check the Congress Homepage.
European Conference on Permafrost in Puigcerdà, Spain
The International Permafrost Association presents the 6th European Conference on Permafrost (EUCOP 2023) in Puigcerdà, Catalonia, Spain, 18-22 June 2023.
For more information on the program, registration, and abstract submission, check the Conference Homepage.
SWS Annual Meeting in Spokane, USA
The Society of Wetland Scientists hold its Annual Meeting in Spokane, WA, USA, June 27-30, 2023.
For more information about the program and registration, check the Event Page.
21st INQUA Congress in Roma, Italy
The 21st INQUA Congress: Time for Change will take place at the Sapienza University in Rome, Italy, 14-20 July 2023.
For more information about the conference program and abstract submission, check the Conference Homepage.
10th World Conference on Ecological Restoration in Darwin, Australia
The Society of Ecological Restoration present the 10th World Conference on Ecological Restoration in Darwin, Australia, 26-30 September 2023.
For more information about the conference, visit the Event Page.
UNFCC COP 28 in United Arab Emirates
The 28th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 28) to the UNFCCC will take place in the United Arab Emirates, 6-17 November 2023.
American Geophysical Union in San Francisco, USA
AGU Fall Meeting 2023 in San Francisco, USA, 11-15 December 2023.
British Ecological Society in Belfast, Ireland
The BES Annual Meeting 2023 will take place in Belfast, Ireland, 12–15 December 2023.
17th International Peatland Congress in Changchun, China
IPS Congress 5-11 August 2024.
Peatland scientists and other interested, follow this link to get more information on the Conference Homepage.
For Peatland ECR
Connect with us
Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter